Tuesday, 4 November 2008

Interlude

I just realised that I haven't written an entry for ages!

It's been a busy few weeks but isn't always so?

I've been chairing the PCI (Payment Card Industry) Europe event in Brussels and the e-Evidence conference in London. Somewhere in between I also had to sit two of the six exams I have to take for my commercial pilot's instrument rating at Gatwick.

Fortunately all of these passed without a hitch other than almost two weeks of an appalling cold caught somewhere in-between.

Today, I'm supposed to be doing night circuits at Manston and photographing Heather Mills' swimming pool for the newspapers. However, with the clouds down at around 600 feet, neither are going to take place and poor Heather will have to wait to see any aerial shots of her swimming pool in The Sun. Ironically, I was over the same house in Sussex a couple of year's ago - I think I made a Blog entry then - when the local authority asked for photographs of the extension to the barn I think. Either way, it continues to provoke a fuss where planning permissions are involved. Not my problem though, I just fly the aircraft!

Determined to lose a little weight before Xmas, I'm growing a beard. I've vowed not to shave before I hit my target weight and I've invested in a weight training set as well; now working out for a tortuous hour each day. I've realised that in the last couple of years I've let my disciplined exercise regime slip badly after a lifetime of reasonably high-end athletic competition and daft running challenges, like the Marathon Des Sables and plan to try and recover my fitness before it gets too late. Saturday, I've got my Second Dan grading coming-up with the great Sensei Fuji making an appearance. I'm not sure I'll make the right impression though and will probably chop my own thumb off.